Welcome to Estates Department
The Department of Estates and Works is the technical department of Makerere University, responsible for performing four basic roles, namely:
- The maintenance and upkeep of the entire University infrastructure,
- The execution of minor civil, electrical and mechanical engineering works,
- The supervision of capital project,
- The custody of the University property,
- Technical Arm of University Management.
The mission of the Estates and Works Department is to develop and provide professional, cost effective dependable as well as efficient physical infrastructural system to enable Makerere University Community and the public at large a conductive academic living environment.